The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges.
The Program Coordinator provides second-level support to students desiring assistance with any course, program and degree offered through Professional and Continuing Education if the Student Service Center is unable to resolve the issue. Provides direct support to instructors during their application, interview, selection, hiring, and scheduling process - with a keen focus on managing the university guidelines for background checks and HR compliance. Provides first-level support for returning instructors scheduled to teach regarding their contracts, room requests, and course and enrollment management issues. Trains instructors in the use of the student information system so they can retrieve their rolls and rosters. Trains instructors in the use of the learning management system and electronic document distribution systems. For online programs, the Program Coordinator/Senior Program Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support regarding educational program issues such as program planning, student consultation and advising, registration, courses selection, ordering course materials/textbooks, class schedules and timing, time management, and the timelines to complete all items regarding their degree program or course of student. Additionally, this position will review all of the online courses in the Learning Management System for quality assurance. Requires excellent communication skills in a fast-paced environment. Calm and effective communication must be provided in order to handle multiple tasks and requests regarding program information and scheduling. Requires a detail-oriented, independent worker who has the ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment. Schedules courses and sections in the enrollment database, collects all instructor hiring documents, creates and manages instructor contracts for approval, provides instructor training in the student enrollment system, maintains the master course calendar, processes instructor stipends, processes invoices, produces rosters, tracks course and section progress, and supports the development and delivery of all program and curricular needs. Duties may include: processing grades, organizing mailings, assisting in marketing efforts, tracking expenses, tracking and posting textbook information, making travel arrangements, and scheduling conference venues. Must have excellent spelling and grammar skills. Must have proven ability to anticipate needs and take initiative. Higher education experience in advising, counseling, or student support required. Proven ability to use computers for business applications, including word-processing, spreadsheets, data management and web-based database and administrative systems software. General supervision from Program Director, Division of Professional and Continuing Education. Senior Program Coordinator serves as a work lead to Program Coordinators in their respective departments.
Example of Work and responsibilities
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Coordinates the instructor application, approval, and hiring documentation - including communication and interaction with instructors and references to complete and send required documents and information.
- Serves as first-level support to instructors.
- Responds to email and telephone communication within 24 hours the contracting process for returning instructors - includes ensuring signed contracts are in place prior to course offering.
- Coordinates the course approval process and documentation.
- Coordinates course scheduling.
- Creates course profile in enrollment system and submits for approval via the established standards and workflow.
- Serves as second-level support to students if the Student Service Center is unable to resolve the issue.
- Responds to email and telephone communication within 24 hours.
- Creates and updates the Student Support Timelines and Program Manuals.
Student Support for Online Programs (in addition to above):
- Proactively contacts students each day by telephone to build and maintain relationships for student retention.
- Monitors student progress in student orientation. Contacts and verbally guides students through the orientation course if needed.
- Creates a Student Support Timeline (a comprehensive date-ordered list of all administrative and logistical issues that need to be addressed during a given semester) and advises students on administrative deadlines and procedures (registration, drop/withdrawal, course materials, financial aid, etc.) as indicated in the Student Support Timeline.
Process Coordination and Execution
- Responds to all inquiries (telephone, Internet, email, walk-in) with courtesy, tact and patience.
- Redirects calls to proper individuals if calls cannot be immediately serviced when answered.
- Follows university policy in communicating and resolving student and instructor issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ownership of processes and procedures involving instructor contracting, scheduling, and support.
- Maintains high efficiency, accuracy, and completeness when using data systems and data formats.
- Develops full proficiency to accomplish work within the student information system(s).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience is required (one year of experience = two years of education).
- Minimum of two years in a position that required critical thinking and analytical skills.
- At least two years experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and take initiative to propose and implement solutions.
- Experience in higher education, advising, counseling, and/or student support roles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use web based student information and customer relationship management tools.
- Demonstrated computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and data management.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
To apply, visit http://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/492295/program-coordinator
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency