Learning Resource Center Technician (1200 hours/year) WITC Ashland Campus
Posting Number: 2010667
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: Academic Affairs
Applications are being accepted from qualified candidates for a part-time (1200 hrs/yr) Learning Resource Center Technician position at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College Ashland Campus. This position will be responsible for assisting students, faculty and staff in the use of Learning Resource Center services and resources and providing support for instructional technology. This position will be expected to work a combination of evening and daytime hours.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two years related post-secondary education plus two years related work experience OR a combination of related work experience and education totaling four years. Associate degree preferred.
2. Excellent customer service, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
3. Outstanding personal presentation skills.
4. Demonstrated organizational skills, dependability, and ability to work independently.
5. Knowledge and proficiency in the use of a personal computer, computer applications, and software.
6. Ability to learn and apply complex policies and procedures.
7. Ability to obtain drivers license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
Specific position responsibilities may include any or all of the following.
- Assist students and other customers by providing research and reference services using various search tools (electronic and print-based.).
- Conduct presentations and training on library services and resources to students and staff (both group and individual).
- Provide help desk assistance to students, faculty and external customers in the use of instructional technology.
- Provide multimedia services to faculty and staff.
- Develop and implement an individualized learning plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Learning Resource Center facility.
- Perform circulation desk duties.
- Assist in maintaining library collection.
- Assist in strategic planning, budget preparation, and development of the Learning Commons, and web-based learning support services, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Posting Date: 04/10/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this posting.
Closing Date: 5/3/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 23 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY19 Wage Range Table Support and Technical Personnel Grade Level 1 Minimum Placement = $16.49 hour
Benefit Information: https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2468
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency