Fire Instructors (Adjunct) All WITC locations
Posting Number: 2010701
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Academic Affairs
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of part-time Fire Instructor throughout Northwestern Wisconsin. An instructors primary purpose is to foster learner success, assess learner achievement, and continually improve learning opportunities. Instructors also contribute to the colleges operational effectiveness by forming partnerships with learners, with co-workers, and with community stakeholders.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. State of WI Emergency Services I certification.
2. Five years of experience working on a volunteer or career fire department
3. Subject matter expertise in structural firefighting and/or other fire service related topics
4. Demonstrable capabilities with technology necessary to present current WITC fire/technical rescue course curriculums. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer applications and software such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
5. Valid Wisconsin Drivers License and acceptable driving record in accordance with College policy.
6. Ability to travel frequently and a flexible schedule to meet the needs of user groups.
1. Ability to pass a respirator fit test.
2. Subject matter expertise in any of the following: hazardous materials emergency response, driver/operator, technical rescue, vehicle extrication, fire inspection.
3. Documented training to the technician level in hazardous materials emergency response or any technical rescue discipline.
4. Experience as a company or chief officer on a volunteer or career fire department.
5. Possession of any or all of the following State of WI certifications:
- Fire Officer
- Fire Inspector
Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Facilitates learning for all students
- Accommodates a variety of learning styles
- Embeds diversity in classroom activities
- Incorporates appropriate teaching methods and technologies in the learning process
- Assesses learners in a variety of ways
- Uses a variety of assessment methods and tools including but not limited to performance assessments, skills checklists, writing assignments, tests, quizzes, group work, partner activities and short- and long-term projects.
- Documents assessment of learner achievement, core abilities, course competencies, and program outcomes
- Partners with learners
- Helps learners define and achieve their goals
- Maintains availability to learners by using e-mail, voice mail, and/or on-line postings
- Provides fire service advising for learners
- Writes course-appropriate curricula
- In coordination with Fire/Technical Rescue Associate Dean and Fire Training Specialists, improves course content that reflects course competencies as well as most current fire service best practices.
- Develops and updates learning opportunities that reflect WITC's Learning College tenets
- Collaborates with colleagues from all disciplines to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach and perspective to teaching and learning
- Researches and selects learning materials which will enhance student outcomes.
- Develops, implements, and annually updates an Individualized Learning Plan
- Stays current in area(s) of teaching
- Continues education and training in area(s) of teaching in accordance with accrediting commission, agencies, and professional associations
- Includes fire service work experience, job shadowing, and/or participation in professional organizations
- Manages learning environments in a manner consistent with college policies and procedures
- Distributes to learners, and places on file, all course related documentation
- Records and submits grades
- Maintains other records as required
- Communicates using e-mail, voice mail, and/or on-line postings
- Monitors condition and safety of classrooms and training environments and reports needed modifications.
- Assists in student recruitment and job placement activities
- Participates in campus promotional activities such as open houses and career days
- Assists students in career advancement
- Serves as enthusiastic recruiter for district fire departments and for WITC Fire/Technical Rescue training program.
- Partners with the Associate Dean and Fire Training Specialists, in fulfilling the mission, vision, and values of the College
- Collaborates in the scheduling of classes
- Assumes an active role in the assessment of own professional performance
- Participates actively in campus, College-wide, regional, and state teams and committees
- Participates in operational planning processes
- Recruits, constructs, and annually consults with advisory committees and fire service partners
- Serves on selection committees to hire new staff
- Mentors other faculty
- Fosters the college's community relationships
- Promotes relationships with high schools and other colleges
Posting Date: 06/10/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this posting.
Closing Date: 7/15/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: varies
Hours per week: varies
Salary Hiring Range: FY19 Adjunct Wage Fire/Technical Rescue $44.00/hour
Benefit Information: N/A
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2577
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency