Admissions and Records Technician (Temporary/Hourly)
Closing Date/Time: 2/21/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Temporary, Hourly
Department: Admissions & Records
Cabrillo College is seeking applications for a temporary, full-time opening for an enthusiastic and energetic Admissions and Records Technician who likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This position performs a variety of technical and office administrative duties in support of the college's Admissions and Records Office.
The hourly rate of pay for this assignment is $17.75 per hour. Scheduled work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is scheduled to cover this position until mid-July. Interested applicants should submit their application materials by Thursday, February 21, 2019.
- Provide technical assistance and information, registration for Admissions and Records, including attendance, transcripts, certificates and diplomas
- Verify and input various student record information, including grades, residency, and petitions
- Receive and evaluate student records for general education, including units completed, certification for state colleges and universities
- Complete and maintain documentation of determinations and enter information into the database
- Learn and interpret Admissions and Records policies, such as course repetition, incompletes, applications, residency and registration, and apply them in a variety of procedural situations
- Verify transcripts from other educational institutions
- Compile information and prepare a variety of administrative, technical and statistical reports that may involve projecting future class, student and full time equivalent totals
- Assist in proofreading College documents, including Schedule of Classes
- Effectively respond to crisis situations
- Direct the work of staff on a project basis
- Train others in work procedures
- Interpret, clarify and communicate college requirements and evaluations
- Calculate and verify grade point averages
- Coordinate the collection and input of student attendance and grade documentation
- Provide information and assistance, in person, over the phone and via the Internet to students, staff and the public related to College functions and Admissions and Records policies, requirements and procedures
- Prepare official College transcripts
- Coordinate systems and carry out special projects
- Receive, review and process Admissions and Records documents
- Register students
- Calculate and collect fees
- Authorize refunds as required
- Perform related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school AND three (3) years of experience with a high volume of customer/student contact and in reviewing, maintaining and updating complex documents (such as admissions and records, hospital, or real estate/title company records). College-level coursework in an appropriate field is desirable and may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis for a MAXIMUM of two (2) years.
- Federal, state and college laws, rules, regulations and policies relating to admissions, registration and student records
- Office administrative practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment
- Techniques for dealing with people of diverse academic, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Effective customer service techniques and etiquette
- Business data processing principles and the use of word processing or personal computing equipment
- Proper form for correspondence and other written materials
- Business mathematics, including percentages and decimals
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Recordkeeping principles and procedures for both computer and paper systems
Skill in and ability to:
- Use initiative and sound independent judgment within policy guidelines
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate work activities
- Organize, research and maintain office files
- Make accurate mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy
- Take cash, return change, and balance monies
- Meet critical deadlines
- Operate standard office equipment
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends at on-and off-site campus locations, as necessary.
- Sitting and operating a computer keyboard to enter data into a computer terminal for extended periods of time, as necessary
- College-level coursework in an appropriate field
- Experience in an educational setting
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces noting "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: social security number, birth date, age, gender, birth place and personal photos.
**To be considered, each applicant MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed online Employment Application
- Job-related resume
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces/sections or note "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: personal photos, social security number, birthplace, birth date, age, and gender.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed by a search committee, which will determine the applicants to invite for interviews based on the appraisal of qualifications as documented by application materials submitted. Meeting the posted requirements does not guarantee an invitation for an interview. Performance exam(s) may be administered.
Candidates selected for employment with Cabrillo College must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis screening results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
Application Deadline: All application materials MUST be received in the Human Resources Department by Thursday, February 21, 2019.
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.
Cabrillo College currently provides full-time employees a benefit stipend contribution for medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Please note: Employee who work part-time contracts will receive a pro rata benefit stipend based on the percentage of assignment.
Full-time and *part-time classified employees are required to join the California Public Employee's Retirement System (CalPERS) and as such contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to CalPERS on a pre-tax basis.
Note: Classified-hourly employees are not eligible for insurance-related benefits or PERS retirement benefits.
Each employee hired into a classified position shall contribute to membership dues, service fee or charitable contribution at the current rate based on gross salary per month.
*Part-time refers to 1,000 hours/125 days or more per fiscal year.
To apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cabrilloedu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency