Business Office Technician
Posting Number: 2010582
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Campus: Shell Lake
Department: Administrative Services
Applications are being accepted from qualified candidates for a Business Office Technician (1150 hrs/yr) at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College Administrative Office Shell Lake. This position is responsible for integration and testing of PeopleSoft Financials Accounts Receivable module, assist in internal audits, tax levy, project billings, assist in managing daily college business operations, and other duties as necessary.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Associate degree in accounting or related field required. Prior related work experience strongly preferred.
2. Proficiency in the use of computer applications and software such as email, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
3. Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to be detail-oriented, well-organized, and work independently on assigned tasks under pressure.
5. Ability to obtain drivers license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Typical office environment.
Under the supervision of the Business Services Manager, the Business Office Technician is responsible for integration and testing of PeopleSoft Financials Accounts Receivable module, assist in internal audits, tax levy, project billings, assist in managing daily college business operations, and other duties are necessary.
- Train college staff on use of assigned module.
- Assist the Business Services Manager in providing leadership to the WILM (Wisconsin Indianhead, Lakeshore, Mid-State) consortium for the PeopleSoft AR/BI module to ensure college needs are meet.
- Write procedures, test scripts, fixes and patches, and conduct troubleshooting to meet WITC business processes.
- Run the daily, weekly and monthly processes for assigned module, ensuring that processes are complete and accounts balance.
- Prepare and maintain all reporting, prepare invoices, set up payments, make deposits on schedule or as needed.
- Assist the Business Service Leadership in the audits of all WITC accounts and/or assist outside agencies with their audits of WITC.
- Reconcile accounts as scheduled.
- Assist with setting up for the new fiscal year and with year-end closing.
- Assist/back up other technicians in the Business Office.
Posting Date: 05/08/2018
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this postiion.
Closing Date: 5/29/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 22 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: Support and Technical Personnel Level I $16.31/hour
Benefit Information: https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2068
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency