This ad is expired.
Cook, Tu Mercado
Tu Mercado has a grocery market, deli and espresso bar. All the essentials for home or campus living. Our Nike shop features USD clothing, gifts, cards, Torero merchandise and more.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges.
This is a full-time, temporary, benefit based position with an assignment end date of January 19, 2020.
The Cook is responsible for providing skilled assistance in the supervision and preparation of all food production, maintenance of quality and/or portion control, and the maintenance of sanitation and safety standards. This position receives general supervision from the Unit Leader and/or Manager and exercises close supervision of casual worker staff (kitchen assistants and student staff).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Safety and Sanitation
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- At least 3 years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Culinary experience preferred
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of proper cook times, temperatures and food preparation procedures and techniques.
- Understanding of basic sanitation and safety requirements.
- Strong communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to organize personnel, work and materials for maximum productivity.
- Proven ability to supervise and motivate staff.
- Excellent skills in the use of specific equipment and tools as identified below, as well as their preventive maintenance and calibration requirements.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to work a varied hourly work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- May be laid off during slow periods (December/January and May).
- Must be able to work flexible schedule during intersession and summer conference periods.Must have excellent personal hygiene because of contact with food and food products.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must complete 8 hour ServSafe Certification
- Must complete the University's Hazard Communication Program
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Knowledge of various cooking and kitchen equipment (knives, ovens, slicers, carts, etc.), cleaning equipment and chemicals
$14.50 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: 40
Closing date: December 7, 2018
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
To apply, visit http://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/492463/cook-tu-mercado
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency