Director, Academic Support Any WITC Campus Location
Posting Number: 2010646
Position Type: Manager
Department: Academic Affairs
The Director, Academic Support is an academic leadership management position reporting directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA). This position works collaboratively with all areas of the College to facilitate student success and supervises faculty, adjunct faculty and support staff, as appropriate, at multiple locations. The Director, Academic Support works collaboratively with the VPAA to ensure operational matters related to student learning, instruction, curriculum development and revision of Academic Support Department offerings and related courses, course scheduling, and program advising are completed. This position oversees all Basic Education and Program Support education. This position will also be called upon to provide Collegewide leadership in matters related to instruction, assessment, and programming within the Academic Support Department and may need to perform other duties as assigned. The Academic Support Department entails Program Assistance, Study Skills, Time Management, Test Taking Skills, Tutoring, Academic Coaching, Reading Education, Remedial Education, Developmental Education, Adult Secondary Education, Adult Basic Education, and English Language Learning. Area of coverage involves 20 locations, including campuses, outreach sites, and jails. Along with coordinating services at the locations, the Director will also need to collaborate with WTCS, DPI, external partners, and internal partners as well as seek, write, and manage grants.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Masters degree required. Masters of Education preferred.
2. Two years (4,000 hours) occupational experience outside of teaching.
3. Two years (full-time equivalency) teaching experience required.
4. One year supervisory experience in a learning environment.
5. Substantial experience in design, development, and assessment of instructional programs.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
- Facilitate the completion of student program outcomes and assessment of the programs and offerings in the Academic Support Department.
- Oversee student evaluations of instruction within the Academic Support Department every semester.
- With the VPAA, collaborate with students, faculty, and other Deans to continually improve programming and learning processes.
- Oversee and manage the office and classroom staff within the Academic Support Department.
- Create and manage course scheduling within all programs of study in the Academic Support Department.
- Manage grant projects as needed.
- In conjunction with the VPAA, develop internal relationships within WITC including, but not limited to Continuing Education, Business Division, Marketing, Scheduling, and other departments and divisions in the District.
- Participate in campus, regional, Collegewide, and state teams and committees.
- Work closely with adjunct faculty in the Academic Support Department
- Assure consistent implementation of program development, evaluation, and modification processes.
- Coordinate implementation and assessment of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and WITC curricular, articulation, and advanced standing policies and procedures.
- Scan national and world environments for new programming ideas and concepts.
- Actively participate in campus, regional, Collegewide, and state teams and committees.
Posting Date: 01/31/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this posting.
Closing Date: 2/22/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week:
Salary Hiring Range: FY19 Administrative Wage Range Table Management Grade 10 $77,109/year
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2369
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency