Facilities Use and Events Coordinator-Extension
Closing Date/Time: 7/31/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Part-time
Department: Marketing and Communications
This part-time, 75% (30 hours per week) Facilities Use and Events Coordinator position coordinates and oversees the scheduling, use and operation of the Cabrillo College Sesnon House and other Cabrillo College facilities, which may involve other campus locations; performs duties related to facility use necessary for special events, and related duties as required.
In addition, a Facilities Use and Events Coordinator position eligibility pool may be established in order to fill other part-time, or substitute assignments as needs arise.
The ideal candidate will share Cabrillo's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. Cabrillo College serves approximately 11,400 students per term, of which 45.13% are LatinX, 5.26% multi-ethnic, 2.64% Asian, 1.25% African-American, 0.79% Filipino, 0.30% American Indian or Alaskan Native, and 0.18% Pacific Islander as of Fall 2018. At Cabrillo, 56.66% of students are students of color and 54.91% are economically disadvantaged. In 2006, Cabrillo College was designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
Cabrillo College has a tradition of collegial governance, and staff possess a long history of participatory governance in all levels of decision-making at the college. Cabrillo provides an excellent opportunity to learn, collaborate, create, and make a difference in the lives of its students and community.
- Coordinates program activities in support of Extension objectives
- Recommends and implements guidelines and procedures related to the use and operation of Cabrillo College facilities, and ensures compliance with relevant policies and regulations
- Works collaboratively with vendors, clients and other college programs on scheduling, coordinating and implementing events
- Coordinates, schedules and oversees facility use and related activities with college staff, community members, non-profit and private groups
- Provides information to the public and users, coordinates logistical details for scheduled events including weddings to ensure maximum facility use and resultant income to the College
- Contacts appropriate user groups to provide services
- Schedules event set up and clean up for the facilities used, and ensures the maintenance and order of this facility
- Works with the director to develop materials for distribution regarding facility use policies and regulations
- Recommends equipment purchases and monitors expenses
- Monitors the use and inventory of equipment and technology
- Arranges for facility and equipment maintenance to ensure timely and appropriate completion
- Monitors income, expenditures, budgets, and processes deposits and invoices
- Creates events using the college's facility scheduling software; coordinates facility use with the college's instructional component
- Performs a variety of office support and clerical duties; answers phones and responds verbally and in writing to questions and requests
- Assists in marketing efforts to promote the use of Cabrillo facilities in the community
- Maintains accurate records and files, and prepares reports and other written materials including flyers, letters, and brochures
- Coordinates and conducts orientations and workshops for scheduling system users
- Generates correspondence and reports as required using a variety of software such as email, calendaring and scheduling, word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, and databases
- Represents Cabrillo College at large events; oversees and attends events at other sites as required
- Assists the director with planning and coordinating college events as needed
- Oversees vendors; interviews, recommends, trains and acts as lead worker for student assistants
- May manage large-scale events, including the scheduling, arranging of event details and providing event day coordination
- May be required to do minor maintenance of equipment, tools, and technology including adjusting the physical set-up of rooms
- May require driving for position related activities
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of two (2) years of college coursework AND two (2) years of successful program coordination experience
- Events coordination including scheduling, arranging details for the event, and on-site coordination
- Logistics involved in large event planning such as weddings, organization, and coordination
- Program development, budgetary and administrative principles and practices
- Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, including the needs of people with disabilities
- General knowledge of the practices, principles, and procedures of marketing and promotion
- Standard office practices, procedures, and equipment, including recordkeeping, common computer hardware and software such as email, word processing, spreadsheet, databases, calendaring, and scheduling
- Safe work methods and safety precautions related to the work
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Basic bookkeeping, budgetary principles, and procedures
- Basic supervisory principles and practices
Skill in and ability to:
- Coordinate and oversee the operation and maintenance of a public facility
- Operate and assess the condition of equipment, tools, and technology
- Apply and explain relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to college staff and members of the community
- Demonstrate initiative, follow through, and sound judgment within established guidelines
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using diplomacy, patience, and courtesy
- Coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Prepare clear, concise, and complete records, reports and other written materials
- Establish and maintain accurate files and records
- Make effective presentations and speak effectively in front of small groups
- Prepare reports, correspondence, and other written materials
- Operate a keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to enter data and prepare correspondence, reports, and other written materials using various software such as email, word processing, spreadsheet, databases, calendaring, and scheduling
- Scheduling and directing work of others in accordance with safety procedures
- Must be able to safely lift and move equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be willing to work days, evenings and weekends
- Possession of and ability to maintain a California Driver's license and safe driving record during the course of employment
Current Salary: *$2,872 to $3,166 per month to start; seven-step schedule to $3,849 per month. Part-time (75%) assignment, 12 months per year. Days and times to be arranged; with evenings and weekends as required. Classified employees are required to join the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) and as such must contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to PERS on a pre-tax basis. Position scheduled to begin as soon as possible, pending Governing Board ratification. Salary is subject to proration based on beginning date of assignment.
* Cabrillo College reserves the right at its discretion to hire classified and confidential employees at a higher starting step placement, up to step three, in acknowledgment of an individual's previous job-related work experience. Please note: It is the applicants responsibility to ensure their application materials include the work-related experience they wish to be considered for a higher step placement. The Human Resources department will make their determination based on the information in the application materials received.
Cabrillo College currently provides a generous benefit stipend for employees plus dependents that employees apply towards benefit selections for medical, dental, life, and short-term/long-term disability insurance. Depending on health plan selections, in many cases full-time employee net out-of-pocket for benefit premiums may be $0 or otherwise relatively low. (Employees who work partial contracts will receive a pro rata stipend based on the percentage of assignment.)
The Cabrillo Classified Employees Union (CCEU) is the exclusive bargaining representative for classified employees. Classified employees who elect to join CCEU agree to have a monthly payroll deduction equal to the current membership dues rate, which is generally a percentage of gross monthly compensation.
**To be considered, each applicant must submit:
- Completed online Cabrillo College Application
- Job-related resume
- Verification of educational and experience qualifications (Foreign transcripts must be translated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. (Download PDF reader)Any fee for such translation is paid by the applicant.)
- Transcripts from all colleges attended showing degree conferred, if applicable (unofficial transcripts, copies, and downloads are acceptable) to demonstrate the qualification re: college coursework listed in this announcement. Please note diplomas are not accepted in place of college transcripts. If selected, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or other documents as may be required.
Please notify the Human Resources Department if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces/sections or note "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: personal photos, social security number, birthplace, birth date, age, and gender.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed by a search committee, which will determine the applicants to invite for interviews based on appraisal of qualifications as documented by application materials submitted. Meeting the posted requirements does not guarantee an invitation for an interview. Performance exam(s) may be administered.
Candidates selected for employment with Cabrillo College must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis screening results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
Application Deadline: Application and attached required materials must be successfully submitted by 11:59 p.m. on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.
Cabrillo College currently provides full-time employees a benefit stipend contribution for medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Please note: Employee who work part-time contracts will receive a pro rata benefit stipend based on the percentage of assignment.
Full-time and *part-time classified employees are required to join the California Public Employee's Retirement System (CalPERS) and as such contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to CalPERS on a pre-tax basis.
Note: Classified-hourly employees are not eligible for insurance-related benefits or PERS retirement benefits.
Each employee hired into a classified position shall contribute to membership dues, service fee or charitable contribution at the current rate based on gross salary per month.
*Part-time refers to 1,000 hours/125 days or more per fiscal year.
To apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cabrilloedu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency