Financial Aid Advisor/Student Services Technician WITC Rice Lake Campus
Posting Number: 2010685
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: Student Affairs
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Financial Aid Advisor/Student Services Technician at the WITC Rice Lake Campus. Under the direction and supervision of the Director, Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Advisor/Student Services Technician contributes to the efficient and responsive operation of the WITC Financial Aid program and provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers. This position provides important processing, support, and student assistance with financial aid at the Rice Lake Campus and Collegewide support for processing functions. This position also provides employment services to include working with employers posting jobs in TechConnect, planning and execution of employment and recruitment related events and activities for students.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two years related post-secondary education/training or five years related business experience, OR a combination of related education and work experience totaling five years. Degree or experience in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field is preferred.
2. Ability to provide a high level of customer service under stressful conditions.
3. Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and policies affecting financial aid programs.
4. Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills in working with a variety of constituencies including students, faculty and staff.
6. Ability to obtain drivers license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
- Understand and apply all state and federal regulations pertaining to the application for and distribution of student financial aid.
- Explain technical or complicated information concerning individual financial aid eligibility/awards in an informed and sensitive manner.
- Explain and communicate related College policies and procedures to students, parents, federal/state agencies, and/or other external sources.
- Participate in professional organizations related to this area and work to enhance personal knowledge of student financial aid administration.
- Monitor and supervise assigned work of work-study, temporary, call-staff, or WITC staff assigned to assist the Financial Aid Office.
- Process and complete financial aid applications through PeopleSoft. This includes but is not limited to receiving and verifying all required supporting documentation, determination of aid eligibility, determination of program eligibility, satisfactory progress, and verification. Use professional judgment to make decisions regarding further clarification or verification of student FAFSA information.
- Calculate and process individual customized aid packages for all eligible applicants using PeopleSoft. Award all eligible aid including grants, loans and work-study. Verify aid awarded and post directly to student accounts.
- Monitor enrollment and re-package aid due to enrollment status changes, work-study revisions, program changes, loan changes, etc.
- Monitor all outside funding sources such as employer funding, CEP, DVR, and scholarships and revise awards as necessary.
- Work with students with complex questions regarding their student account.
- Work with campus business office technician to ensure proper distribution of all financial aid and respond to student inquiries.
- Act as the veteran's liaison officer on campus by understanding and applying all of the state and federal regulations pertaining to the enrollment of veterans who are eligible for educational benefits. Counsel and advice veterans regarding program choices and VA eligibility.
- Develop materials for use in financial aid presentations. Give presentations on financial aid to specific groups when appropriate
- Advise and explain the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy to students and staff. Advise students regarding their options and consequences when they are on warning or suspension.
- Assist with the coordination of the Federal work-study employment program.
- Perform Return of Title IV calculations of students who withdraw from enrollment (very detailed computations performed).
- Assist in the development of office procedures and policies.
- Develop and implement procedures necessary to create and maintain a system of records which recognizes the need for confidentiality of the information.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Employment services to include working with employs posing jobs in TechConnect, planning and execution of employment and recruitment related events and activities.
- Others duties as assigned.
Posting Date: 05/07/2019
Testing Place: No applicant tested required for this posting.
Closing Date: 5/30/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY19 Wage Range Table Support and Technical Personnel Grade Level 1 Placement = $16.49 hour
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2517
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency