Human Resources Technician
Posting Number: 2010591
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Campus: Shell Lake
Department: Administrative Services
The Human Resources Technician provides administrative support to the HR Department by assisting other staff in carrying out operational responsibilities and providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers. This position will assist with Collegewide recruitment process, onboarding of new employees, Shell Lake conference center and front desk functions and assist in the administration of all benefits programs offered by the College.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two years related post-secondary education in a related field and 4 years related work experience. Associate Degree in a related field preferred.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the areas of Business or Human Resources.
5. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet software, PowerPoints, etc.
6. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
7. Essential to have college-level math and communication skills.
8. Knowledge of HR processes and systems, PeopleSoft, ImageNow, PeopleAdmin, desirable.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
- HR Department Support - Support the operations and responsibilities of the HR Department including a high level of customer service and personable employee relations.
- New Hire Processing - Direct the flow of new hire processes for HR. Receive paperwork, prioritize timing with HR processes, and communicate with hiring supervisors and Administrative Specialists to gain accurate and complete paperwork.
- Data entry into PeopleSoft.
- Scan, link and route paperwork using ImageNow.
- Onboarding/Orientation - schedule dates, invite attendees, conduct office tours, create binders, set up rooms for orientation and clean up after.
- Recruitment - work with the recruitment process to provide support to the Collegewide function, assist applicants with questions, and aid applicants in the process.
- Schedule interviews, maintain and create content for various websites, organize and file completed recruitment packets, log cases with PeopleAdmin.
- Benefits - assist employees with benefit related questions and leave. Process mailing of COBRA, and FMLA paperwork.
- Employment Verification Processing - Receive phone call and paper requests for employment verification.
- Assist in the creation and duplication of employee contracts, employment letters and non-renewal notices.
- Collegewide Staff requests - New email account set-up, answer procedural questions, research solutions to questions.
- Website design/updates - maintain the Human Resources recruitment website and the intranet, The Connection, for Human Resources.
- Metrics - maintain data on department activities for fiscal year reports.
- Provide backup to the front desk and conference center functions - assist with the front desk in answering phones and conference room set-up and take down. Process ordering requests. Schedule meetings using R25 software. Shop for groceries and supplies as needed.
- Research - Perform research for departmental projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Posting Date: 06/11/2018
Testing Place: No applicant testing for this position.
Closing Date: 7/2/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: Support & Technical Level 1 $16.31/hour
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2097
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency