Marketing & Public Relations Associate
Posting Number: 2010578
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: President's Office
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking a Marketing and Public Relations Associate at the WITC Superior campus. This position promotes campus events and successes throughout the community, and implements activities in accordance with the College marketing and enrollment management plan. The position is a member of the Collegewide marketing team, helping develop and provide support for college-wide initiatives as directed. The Marketing & Public Relations Associate reports to the Director of Marketing.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two years post-secondary education/training plus two years related work experience totaling four years. Two years experience in media-related field desirable. Bachelors degree preferred.
2. Proven project management experience (client and vendor communication, project scoping, resource allocation, timeline, budgets, etc.)
3. Excellent written, verbal, interviewing, presentation and team skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to recognize news value and good judgment in providing news and public information to media and public.
5. Demonstrated experience executing creative marketing campaigns.
6. Demonstrated skill and ability in the use of computer software applications (e-mail,
7. Proven ability in creating promotional materials with desktop publishing software such as InDesign and PhotoShop.
8. Strong writing background in a variety of styles and formats (ex: promotional writing, publicity writing, correspondence, special projects, marketing plans, etc.)
9. Proven effectiveness working within an organization and representing that organization in the community.
Typical office/campus environment.
*Serve as public information officer for the campus.
*Implement Collegewide and campus strategic marketing plan, including media selection, public service announcements and news releases at the regional level. Ensure consistency with college brand and image
*Coordinate general, program and course marketing projects from conception to completion, including production and analysis.
*Update social media to promote campus and events.
*Manage campus marketing budgets, including traditional and non-traditional media, print production, promotional items and special events.
*Coordinate campus photography, as well as radio, TV, and video production.
*Monitor internal and external communication to include written and visual (style guide and brand.)
*Coordinate and/or conduct market research with target markets.
*Serve as liaison for website content, infrastructure and design.
*Schedule and coordinate public events to promote WITC, and assist with campus events, and provide support for displays for special events.
*Collaborate with peers on Collegewide marketing team, campus marketing team, campus enrollment management team, and campus leadership teams. Participate in other college-wide committees and task forces as assigned.
*Develop and maintain relationships with local media and serve as a point-of-contact for media agencies.
Posting Date: 05/10/2018
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this posting.
Closing Date: 5/28/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: Support and Technical Level I $16.31/hour
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2069
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency