Office Specialist (Temporary/Hourly)
Closing Date/Time: 7/24/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Temporary, Hourly
Cabrillo College is seeking applications for a temporary, part-time Office Specialist for the Counseling and Educational Support Services (CESS) division to assist in test proctoring at various campus locations. The work days will be Monday through Friday with work hours to be arranged between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with some evenings required from 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The hourly rate for this position is $17.48 per hour. This position requires bilingual and biliterate skills in English/Spanish.
Interested applicants should submit their application materials by Monday, July 22, 2019; however, applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Performs complex office support work, which requires judgment, the application of specialized skills and knowledge of activities related to the CESS division (i.e. proctor exams)
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the completion of forms or the preparation of reports
- Makes arithmetic or statistical calculations
- Provides information to the public, students and college staff that requires the use of judgment and the interpretation of policies, rules or procedures
- Organizes, maintains, and purges various files
- Maintains records, and identifies and resolves discrepancies, including financial or bookkeeping records
- Operates standard office equipment and various software to produce correspondence and reports such as email, word processing, spreadsheet, databases, and website management
- Proofreads and checks materials for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with departmental policies and regulations
- Reviews reports for accuracy and makes corrections as required
- Greets, screens, and refers visitors and phone calls
- Provides bilingual and/or biliterate services to monolingual and limited English-speaking participants and their parents
- Driving for position related duties
- May train others in work procedures or guide the work of temporary staff on a project or relief basis
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and three (3) years of general clerical support or office assistant experience.
Please note: College coursework in Computer Applications/Business Technology or area of assignment may be substituted for one year of the experience outlined above.
- Experience working with diverse populations including persons with disabilities
- Principles of terminology of the functional area to which assigned
- Office administrative practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment
- Basic business data processing principles and the use of a computer
- Applicable federal, state, and college laws, rules, and regulations
- Policies and procedures related to the assigned office
- Business mathematics, including percentages and decimals
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Recordkeeping principles and procedures
- Apply and explain relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Perform specialized and complex office support work
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate work activities
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community
- Organize, research, and maintain office files
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Compose routine correspondence from brief instructions
- Make mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy
- Use initiative and sound judgment within established guidelines
- Operate standard office equipment with sufficient speed and accuracy to enter data into a computer and produce correspondence, and other written materials using various software
- Bilingual and biliterate skills in English/Spanish
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid California driver's license and safe driving record during the course of employment
- Must be willing to work days, evenings, and weekends at various campus sites
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces noting "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: social security number, birth date, age, gender, birthplace, and personal photos.
**To be considered, each applicant must submit:
- Completed online Employment Application
- Job-related resume
- Documentation such as college transcripts in response to this position's desirable qualifications of college-level coursework in Computer Applications/Business Technology or area of assignment
Please notify the Human Resources Department if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.
Cabrillo College currently provides full-time employees a benefit stipend contribution for medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Please note: Employee who work part-time contracts will receive a pro rata benefit stipend based on the percentage of assignment.
Full-time and *part-time classified employees are required to join the California Public Employee's Retirement System (CalPERS) and as such contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to CalPERS on a pre-tax basis.
Note: Classified-hourly employees are not eligible for insurance-related benefits or PERS retirement benefits.
Each employee hired into a classified position shall contribute to membership dues, service fee or charitable contribution at the current rate based on gross salary per month.
*Part-time refers to 1,000 hours/125 days or more per fiscal year.
To apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cabrilloedu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency