Outreach Center Technician (Part-time/1400 hours/year) WITC Ladysmith Outreach Center
Posting Number: 2010714
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: Student Affairs
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking applicants from qualified candidates for the part-time position of Outreach Center Technician at the Ladysmith Outreach Center. This 1,400 hour position will be responsible to provide high quality customer service and sharing information about all WITC programs as well as course offerings. Additionally, this position will foster relationships, coordinate campus events, provide hospitality services for groups at the outreach center and maintain accurate financial records.
This position averages 28 hours per week annually, but actual weekly hours may vary due to supervisor expectations. This position is located at our Ladysmith campus and is an extension of the Rice Lake campus.
Note: Ladysmith campus hours are Monday Thursday 8:30am 10:00pm and Friday 8:30am 12:00pm. Specific hours are established by Supervisor and may vary depending on College needs. Primary hours for this position are afternoon to evening hours.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
Associate Degree required. Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years.
Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Preferred experience with teleconferencing or distance learning platforms.
Experience working with a team environment.
Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with students, staff and faculty.
Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and skill in their application.
Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure.
Ability to obtain drivers license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Outstanding personal presentation skills.
Light: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Work independently as a self-starter, to provide leadership and be the face of WITC at the Outreach Center.
- Assist and participate in recruitment activities for traditional and non-traditional students at the direction of the Enrollment Services team.
- Actively participate on campus teams by request.
- Assist in organizing, coordinating and promoting location/campus events.
- Coordinate and conduct campus tours at Outreach Center or arrange tours and admissions meetings at a main campus.
- Regularly document and report activity using appropriate tools (CRM, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Contact students who have inquired or applied for programs but have not responded to previous communications or completed the admissions process.
- Communicate with prospective students and recommend programs, events and support services.
- Serve as customer service contact for students: assess individual student needs and provide individual assistance to students in applying to the college, Accuplacer testing, class test proctoring, enrolling in classes, collecting documents, cashiering, ordering books, withdrawing from classes and helping students understand the appropriate forms, processes, and procedures.
- Research and proactively assist students in solving problems. Follow up until problem is resolved and/or refer to the appropriate staff when necessary including but not limited to: accommodation services, academic counseling services, financial aid assistance, academic appeals and retention.
- Accurately process and enter student information included but not limited to admissions, registration, registration follow up.
- Maintain accurate inventory of campus publications, recruiting materials, and ensure availability.
- Assist with software/enrollment tasks as requested by campus leadership.
- Work closely with marketing and recruitment staff on suggestions for marketing and advertising.
- Assist and advise students, staff and faculty in the proper use of instructional equipment including ITV, BlueJeans, videoconferencing, LCD projectors and computers.
- Serve as contact person and WITC representative to groups using meeting space at the Outreach Center and maintain accurate scheduling within the college-wide scheduling software.
- Act independently to provide services and support to the Outreach Center.
- Open, close, and secure facility.
- Conduct bank deposit and route collected fees appropriately.
- Provide seamless day-to-day operation of the Outreach Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Each position may vary slightly to include or not to include duties listed above based upon campus needs. Additional duties may be required.
Posting Date: 07/09/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this position.
Closing Date: 7/25/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 26 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY20 Wage Range Table Support and Technical Personnel Grade Level 1 Placement = $16.67 hour
Benefit Information: Wisconsin Retirement
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2638
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency