Safety and Compliance Coordinator Any WITC location
Posting Number: 2010702
Position Type: Manager
Department: Administrative Services
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Safety and Compliance Coordinator. This position can be located at any WITC campus location or the Administrative Office Shell Lake. The Safety & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of a comprehensive safety and security program for the college and ensuring compliance with OSHA/NIOSH and other federal, state and local environmental health and safety regulations.
The Safety & Compliance Coordinator reports to the Director of Facilities and Procurement.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. An Associates degree or equivalency*.
2. Two years (4,000 hours) of work experience in the field of occupational or environmental safety and health or higher education.
3. Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring OSHA safety standards preferred.
4. Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and teams throughout the College.
6. Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
7. Ability to obtain a drivers license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
*(Combination of related education/training and work experience in the area of environmental safety and health totaling seven (7) years)
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive college-wide safety and security program to include policy and procedures, practices, training for staff and students, methods for resolving issues, and corrective measures. Program content areas include emergency preparedness, hazardous materials, fire and safety equipment, and environmental health and safety.
- Serve as internal consultant and provide technical support to college faculty and staff on a variety of safety, security, and environmental concerns.
- Conduct regular, periodic safety and security inspections of college facilities. Identify problems and recommend solutions to appropriate college staff; follow up with inspections as needed. Partner with DMI on Safety and Security audits.
- Keep current with appropriate safety regulations and laws.
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of Clery Act reporting. Maintain the Annual Security Report and related records.
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of Title IX.
- Act as claims manager and maintain regulatory compliance on behalf of WITC by reviewing, investigating, processing, and responding to claims that are made related to accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Assist the Director of Facilities and Procurement in developing the agenda and chairing the college-wide safety and security meetings.
- Collaborate with Human Resources staff on worker compensation issues and return to work program for employees.
- Work with WITC facility maintenance supervisors to ensure compliance with NIOSH/OSHA, and other federal, state and local safety laws, codes, and regulations.
- Work cooperatively with college-wide and local safety committees to establish and maintain emergency response procedures and an emergency preparedness program.
- Actively participate in campus, regional, college-wide, and state teams and committees. Travel will be required on a regular basis.
Posting Date: 06/10/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this posting.
Closing Date: 6/27/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY19 Management Wage Range Table Grade 6 Manager $47,359 annual salary
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2579
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency