Student Services Technology Specialist - Admissions & Records (Temporary/Hourly)
Closing Date/Time: 2/21/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Temporary, Hourly
Department: Admissions & Records
Cabrillo College is seeking applications for a temporary, full-time opening for an enthusiastic and energetic, Student Services Technology Specialist in Admissions and Records who likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This position provides responsible information technology support related to student services programs, which includes Financial Aid/Scholarships and Admissions and Records/Veterans Certification
The hourly rate of pay for this temporary, full-time assignment is $23.00 per hour. Scheduled work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is scheduled to cover this position until sometime in April. Interested applicants should submit their application materials by Thursday, February 21, 2019.
- Performs technical duties related to departmental computer systems including implementing, testing, and debugging program changes
- Streamlines and designs efficient and effective enrollment and registration processes and methods for maintaining and archiving permanent student records
- Serves as the department resource for the computerized systems to determine user needs and provide training and technical assistance
- Confers with Information Technology staff and other College offices to improve the computerized processing systems
- Provides information that requires the use of judgment and the interpretation of policies, laws, rules, and regulations
- Compiles, researches, and prepares a variety of periodic and special reports relating to student services activities which will require the use of a computer and various software such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and website management
- Manages electronic data exchange processes required for receipt and transmission of data
- Assists Information Technology to develop and maintain a comprehensive system to control security and access to confidential student information
- Establishes and maintains files
- Reviews information, diagnoses and resolves problems, identifies alternatives, makes written recommendations, and implements changes to meet department needs
- Tests program-related upgrades, patches, and processes; documents process details
- Develops and maintains relevant skills through informational workshops, conferences, and meetings; gathers and disseminate information to staff
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience
Equivalent to completion of two (2) years of college level coursework including training or coursework in computerized database systems AND two (2) years of experience in computerized databases, preferably with student information systems.
Please note: Additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis up to one year.
- Federal and state laws and College rules and regulations relating to student services programs
- Business data processing principles and software applications related to student services programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, document imaging, website management, and database software
- Recordkeeping requirements, rules and regulations related to student services programs
- Office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment
- Business mathematics
- Basic auditing principles
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community
- Techniques for dealing with people of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds
- Use computerized hardware, software, and data management systems including testing and debugging program changes and determining packaging parameters
- Act as liaison between computer systems and users
- Coordinate multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines
- Prioritize work, coordinate several activities, and follow up as required
- Provide training and work instruction to others
- Interpret, explain and apply laws, rules, and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work both independently and as a member of a team
- Use initiative and sound judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Maintain accurate records, files, and logs
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Make accurate arithmetic calculations
- Operate a keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to enter data into a computer database
- Experience with Colleague/Ellucian
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces noting "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: social security number, birth date, age, gender, birth place and personal photos.
**To be considered, each applicant MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed online Employment Application
- Job-related resume
- Verification of educational and experience qualifications ( (Download PDF reader)Foreign transcripts must be translated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. (Download PDF reader) Any fee for such translation is paid by the applicant.)
- Transcripts from all colleges attended showing degree conferred, if applicable (unofficial transcripts, copies, and downloads are acceptable) to demonstrate the qualification re: college coursework listed in this announcement. Please note diplomas are not accepted in place of college transcripts. If selected it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or other documents as may be requested OR
- Verification of experience qualifications:
- Experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis. Applicant must provide written evidence that proves additional experience is equivalent for purposes of substitution.
Please notify the Human Resources Department if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces/sections or note "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: personal photos, social security number, birthplace, birth date, age, and gender.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed by a search committee, which will determine the applicants to invite for interviews based on the appraisal of qualifications as documented by application materials submitted. Meeting the posted requirements does not guarantee an invitation for an interview. Performance exam(s) may be administered.
Candidates selected for employment with Cabrillo College must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis screening results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
Application Deadline: All application materials MUST be received in the Human Resources Department by Thursday, February 21, 2019.
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.
Cabrillo College currently provides full-time employees a benefit stipend contribution for medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Please note: Employee who work part-time contracts will receive a pro rata benefit stipend based on the percentage of assignment.
Full-time and *part-time classified employees are required to join the California Public Employee's Retirement System (CalPERS) and as such contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to CalPERS on a pre-tax basis.
Note: Classified-hourly employees are not eligible for insurance-related benefits or PERS retirement benefits.
Each employee hired into a classified position shall contribute to membership dues, service fee or charitable contribution at the current rate based on gross salary per month.
*Part-time refers to 1,000 hours/125 days or more per fiscal year.
To apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cabrilloedu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency