Student Services Assistant - full-time (1950 hours/year) WITC New Richmond Campus
Posting Number: 2010716
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: Student Affairs
Applications are being accepted from qualified candidates who are extremely customer service oriented, professional, and energetic for a full-time (1950 hours/year) Student Services Assistant at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College New Richmond Campus.
The Student Services Assistant job duties include, but are not limited, to answering the phone, supporting student registration, making appointments for members of student services, and administering assessments. Working with new and continuing students that walk into student services while utilizing several different software systems to process the student from inquiry through graduation. This position will also have Employment Services responsibilities that will include planning events on campus.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years.
Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Ability to contribute to a team environment.
Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with students, staff and faculty.
Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and skill in their application.
Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure.
Ability to obtain drivers license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Light: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
Specific position responsibilities are assigned from the following:
- Provide cross-functional customer service to students and other customers.
- Accurately process and enter student information related to admissions, registration, grades, course completions, drop/add forms, transcripts, etc., into database(s).
- Research and proactively assist students in solving problems. Follow up until problem is resolved and/or refer to appropriate staff when necessary.
- Provide administrative support services to faculty and staff.
- Compose, prepare, edit/proofread, and distribute correspondence, minutes, reports, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Design, develop, and update promotional brochures, flyers, forms, and other materials.
- Organize, establish and maintain electronic databases and paper filing systems.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating location/campus events and recruitment campaigns.
- Provide specialized knowledge and training to other team members.
- Provide information and assistance to internal and external customers.
- Actively participate on campus, regional, collegewide, and state teams and committees.
- Assist and serve as backup to other staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain procedures manual for position.
- Participate in required collegewide trainings and professional development events.
Other duties as assigned
Posting Date: 07/10/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this posting.
Closing Date: 8/11/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY20 Wage Range Table Support and Technical Personnel Grade Level II Placement = $16.03 hour
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2641
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency